KWIKSET - Water Proof - Fast Setting - Expanding
Exterior anchoring and patching cement
WARNING: Kwixset has very strong expansion properties which generate the high tensile loads that can be achieved. Therefore we do not recommend its use in hollow bricks, concrete block, limestone or granite. Always leave at least 4 inches from the edge of the concrete to the hole.
Easy-to-apply KWIXSET has hundreds of practical uses in home and industry. Mixed to a workable mortar-like consistency, KWIXSET sets up in 15-20minutes and hardens to stone-strength in an hour. An expanding element in KWIXSET offsets drying shrinkage often found in similar products and causes it to grip imbedded items and surrounding material with bulldog tenacity.
KWIXSET quickly and firmly imbeds objects like hand-rails, bolts, brackets or fixtures in concrete, stone, brick, tile, plaster and terrazzo. Bond is strong and durable and defies severe strain, stress and vibration.
KWISET makes quick work of repairing holes and cracks in walls, ceilings and interior floors. A patch or plug of KWIXSET locks itself into place by expanding within the void and will not crack or let go when subject to normal heat or pressure. KWIXSET should be placed at above freezing temperatures. Test show successful placements are made at temperatures above 40 degrees F.
Conveniently packaged in 25 and 50 lb packages, KWIXSET meets every need from the DIY project to the stern realities of plant maintenance. Mixing KWIXSET is an easy job for the most inexperienced person. Merely add water until you get the proper consistency for the job at hand.
KWIXSET IS RECOMMENDED
|FOR SETTING||Automatic Washers|
|Anchor Bolts||Cellar posts|
|Plumbing Fixtures||Clothesline Hooks|
|Machine Bases||FOR REPAIRING|
|Conveyor Structures||Cracked walls|
|Steel Door Frames||Holes in Floors|
|Porch Railings||Damaged Terrazzo|
|Grab Bars||Settlement Cracks|
|Sign Brackets||Plumbing Openings|
CHARACTERISITCS AND PROPERTIES
|Recommended mixes||50lbs KWIXSET – 1 ½ gal. Water|
|Setting time, minuets||15-20|
|Yield: cu ft./50lb bag||0.45|
|KWIXSET cement required / cu, ft, of mix||110lb|
|Setting expansion, %||0.20|
|Net expansion agree drying, %||0.125|
|Rebar pullout strength using 3” bar||1260 psi|
|Wet compressive strength, 2” Cube Molds, moistcured|
|1 hr after set
3 hr after set
6 hr after set
|Tensile Strength (ASTM C190)|
|Resistance to freeze-thaw cycling||Excellent|
|Absorption||8-9% vs. 11-14% for concrete|
|Salt attack abrasion Resistance at 65 cycles||021 rating|
HOW TO MIX
Pour enough KWIXSET for the job at hand into a clean container. Don’t mix more than can be applied in ten minutes. Setting time may vary depending on the temperature. Gradually add water until the desired consistency is reached.
Ø FLUID CONSISTENCY for pouring requires about 4oz of water per pound of KWIXSET, stir the mix as water is added. Final consistency should be a thick paste similar to pancake batter. If too water, add more KWIXSET.
Ø PLASTIC CONSISTENCY for troweling requires about 3.5oz pf water per pound of KWIXSET. Work the mix to putty-like firmness, kneading it with the hands if necessary. If too fluid, add KWIXSET sparingly.
ANCHORING EMBEDDED ITEMS IN CONCTRETE, STONE, BRICK, TILE OR TERRAZZO
- Drill Hole
- Blow out dust and cuttings.
- Fill hole with water and scrub interior surfaces.
- Wipe out excess water leaving hole damp.
- In floors, position embedded item in hole and pour fluid KWIXSET around it.
- In walls or ceiling, fill hole with plastic KWIXSET and press or tamp embedded item into position. If KWIXSET is too fluid and sags, let it stand a few minutes: then smooth with trowel or putty knife.
- Support embedded items until KWIXSET has set – approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
- Don’t put strain on embedded items for an hour.
PATCHING CRACKS AND HOLES IN CONCRETE, STONE, BRICK, TILE OR TERRAZZO
- Remove loose and fractured material in and around void to be patched.
- Chisel edges of void so that no part of KWIXSET patch is less than ½ inch deep. Feather edges should be avoided.
- Blow chips and dirt out of void. Remove any grease with caustic solution and scrape, if necessary, to provide clean interior surfaces.
- Keep void and surrounding area damp, but avoid water accumulation.
- Place a small amount of KWIZSET in void and scrub it into interior surfaces to insure bond,
- For floors, fill void with fluid consistency KWIXSET. For walls and ceilings, fill void with plastic consistency KWIXSET.
- After about ten minutes, smooth with trowel.
- After about thirty minutes, sprinkle patch with water, then light traffic may traverse floor patches. After on hour, resume normal traffic
For large patching jobs sand and aggregate may be added per specifications